Spending my friday night updating the blog. Yes, I am very cool thankyouverymuch. I had a rough week involving automobiles. First, on Wednesday night I was driving home from knitting group around 10:30ish. I'm just trucking along down Gratiot when I see a car turn out onto the street GOING THE WRONG WAY. I wailed on my horn. They kept coming. I tried to get into the right lane, but there was a car right next to me. Wailed on the horn more. STILL COMING. I slam on my brakes, so does the guy next to me, and he starts wailing on his horn. Finally the creep realized what he'd done and proceeded to swerve about, jump the curb, and drive over the grassy median to the side of the road he should have been on. I was probably 3 feet away from a very nasty head on collision. Then this afternoon I get a call from my mom telling me about how her and my step-dad where involved in an accident with a damn semi! Basically the asshole didn't know which lane to turn from and turned right in front of them, resulting in their car to get stuck partially underneath the trailer!!! They are both fine thankfully. The last straw? I nearly hit a puppy on my way home from work. It was a miracle I saw it bolt out of the corner of my eye. Needless to say, I'm feeling a weee bit high strung right now.
In other news, we finally have some gorgeous weather to enjoy! I won't be enjoying it too much though. I'm forcing the hubby to participate in some major spring cleaning. The garage is a wreck, as is the backyard. Plus there's lots of garbage in the basement from when he started the remodeling project down there. I also think I'm going to sort through my massive fabric & crafts stash and sort out what I want and what I can sell. I bought some "real" dye to start playing with so I have to make room! Also, soap-making is in the near future too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my God! I'd be a little high-strung too!!! So so glad you and your family (and the puppy) are ok!!!!!!
Thank goodness you didn't hit the little puppy. I nearly hit a dog this past weekend too, on the motorcycle no less. Steve and I were trucking along and this dog decided to go after Steve on the motorcycle. Luckily the dog was on a leash and the owner quickly pulled him back to the curb, but otherwise he would have been a smushed doggy, and I would have been a mangled mess too.
Thank goodness the wrong way driver turned in time! We've had a bad week for that kind of stuff here in St. Louis.
Post a Comment