Sunday, June 17, 2007

it was bound to happen

Yes, it's true. The Dark Side now has a firm grasp on me. Saturday I sealed my fate by taking a class on spinning with a Hi-Lo Spindle at Ewe-nique Knits in Royal Oak. First off, I have to proclaim what a wonderful teacher Marilyn is! She is a sweet woman with an very laid back teach style, which I greatly appreciate. Here you can see my very first yarn ever, in which I sampled a mix of different fibers including a domestic wool, alpaca, and a wool called Punta I believe. and yes, I already want a wheel. But I am sure you already knew that! Also, now I want to play with blending different fibers on my steal-of-drum carder!




Here are 3 skeins of hand-dyed yarns that I'm selling off. The proceeds with either go to fiber or soapmaking supplies, more than likely the latter. Or perhaps to dye more sock yarn? The below skeins are all Superwash wool, fingering weight, dyed with colorfast acid dyes by moi. Let me know if you interested in any of them!
(l to r)
Berry Bliss - about 500 yds. $20
Mermaid Tears - about 400 yds. $15
Barbie's World - about 175 yds. $7

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your first yarn is bee-yoo-ti-ful!!! Make sure you keep it!

Coley said...

Your handspun looks so good!!

Anonymous said...

I see you have caught the spinning bug, don't give it to me, at least not yet.

I love the hand dyed yarn too, I might have to take the Berry Bliss off your hands.

Hope to see you at the Bou tomorrow.