Friday, August 01, 2008

just another day

I can't believe it's been over a month since I updated! Who missed me? ;)

It's been the same ol', same ol' around here. Work, clean, eat, sleep, etc! Right now I've been rather distracted from knitting. I only have one project on the needles: The Nanner socks in some Koigu I had gotten in a swap over a year ago. I'm only a few repeats in, but it's looking quite nice! I love how Koigu makes such a nice dense sock. What has really claimed my attention is art journaling. I've been finding it very cathartic. I just wish I had a scanner so I could share some of my pieces! I've also been thinking about trying out working on canvas, but am extremely intimidated by that! I think the permanence is what scares me. I can't just rip it out of my journal, or at least turn the page and forget I ever made it. It would be there... standing all alone and staring me in the face with any imperfections it may have. Art has to have it imperfections, I know. But the Virgo perfectionist in me wants everything to be Just.So.

On a completely different subject; August is one of those long months, which means money will probably be tight again. I'm pledging to make a ban on all nonessential spending. So no coffee to go, no craft supplies, no eating out, nada. I was rather bad in July so this will be my penance!

3 comments:

Larjmarj said...

I'm trying to get some never ending UFO's off the needles right now so that I can start in on some other want to make projects that have been spinning around my head for a while.

Life has been pretty routine over here too. Zzzzzzz.....

Dana said...

Penance. Forever the Catholic school girl.

Good luck with your spending!

Beeb said...

Hi there!

I just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and entering my first blog giveaway! :) Good luck, and I hope you stop by to enter week two's giveaway!

-Beeb